Sports News and Scores - NFL - NBA - NHL - PGA Tour - LPGA Tour - Nascar - ATP Tennis -WTA Tennis- International Soccer - Boxing - Horse Racing and Major sports Events

Google
 

Sunday, June 10, 2007

European PGA Tour: Green downs Remesy in playoff to win at Fontana

Vienna, Austria (Sports Network) - Richard Green bogeyed the final hole of the BA-CA Golf Open on Sunday to slip back to 16-under-par 268 and create a playoff with Jean-Francois Remesy, which he won.
Green closed with a one-under 70 Sunday, while Remesy fired a seven-under 64 to force the extra session. Remesy never had a piece of the lead until Green's bogey at the last.
In the playoff, the two returned to the par-five 18th at Fontana Golf Club where Green walked off with his first win since the 1997 Dubai Desert Classic.
"I've had that self-doubt in me for quite a long time," Green stated. "I've got myself into position and played three rounds great, but not four, so to get across the line is a huge relief. I was probably as nervous as I've ever been on the 18th green and I think that showed with the three putts. I was fortunate that I got into a playoff and still had a chance."
Chris Gane closed with a six-under 65 to end in a tie for third at 15-under- par 269. He was joined there by Michael Jonzon (66) and Miguel Angel Jimenez (67). Stephen Gallacher took sixth at minus-14 thanks to a closing 65.
Green was in trouble early. He found the rough off the tee at the par-four third, then three-putted his way to a double-bogey. That dropped him to 13- under, one clear of the field.

Live Scores

Live Top Sports News Feeds