Sports News and Scores - NFL - NBA - NHL - PGA Tour - LPGA Tour - Nascar - ATP Tennis -WTA Tennis- International Soccer - Boxing - Horse Racing and Major sports Events

Google
 

Friday, November 23, 2007

Valencia, Koeman taking it "step by step"

Santander, Spain (Sports Network) - Valencia manager Ronald Koeman needs more time to turn his new club into the team he wants, but it's still important to make little gains every day.
"The team can't play as I want in only two weeks. We have to go step by step," he said.
Koeman recently left PSV in the Netherlands to take over Valencia and with his new club fourth in La Liga - level on points with third-place Barcelona - he can't give afford to give away points while he reshapes the club.
"This is a great club. By now, I'm not working in signing new players," Koeman said. "I'm studying the squad I have in my hands ... I trust my players."
With Real Madrid, Villarreal and Barcelona - the top three teams in the league - playing easier opponents this weekend, Valencia has to return from Santander with at least a draw against seventh-place Racing on Sunday.
A win is obviously what Koeman really wants...Full Story

Live Scores

Live Top Sports News Feeds